Monday, May 13, 2013

My Current Hair Care Routine

Hola everyone! Today I'm going to be talking about my current hair care routine. (Hence the title) If you are a close acquaintance of mine you know all about my hair drama. It's been several years since my hair was this length. (See current photo below) Why, you ask? Because I can never leave it the hell alone.
My poor locks have been through it all. The most recent trauma was a hair melting perm last July. (Don't get a perm at the Ulta in Opelika, AL...or just don't get a perm at all.) My hair stylist friend Mallory was pretty unhappy with me about that. After all the disaster induced pixie cuts - I have finally learned my lesson, and I'm growing it out. (For reals this time) My hair recovery journey started off with pretty expensive brands. Firstly, I went with the Redken Extreme line. (Shampoo, conditioner, Etreme CAT, and Extreme Anti-Snap.) I was a pretty big fan of all the Redken stuff for a few months. Secondly, I moved to Pureology. The price was a initially a big turn-off for me at $27 for a 8.5 oz bottle. We are talking about $54 for shampoo and conditioner. (Ugh) I used the Pureology Essential Repair shampoo and conditioner till I ran out. Pureology has so many different ranges available, check it out. On to my current products - get ready for a huge drop in price lol. 
&
I'm positive that both of these products are cheaper at Wal-mart or Target, so check there first. Isn't it funny how when you have healthy hair you can use a cheap shampoo? Suave is usually a curse word when it comes to caring for my hair. Anytime I have tried it the end result has been super dry hair. Not this time! I picked up a trial bottle of this shampoo at Wal-mart a couple of weeks ago. My husband and I both actually like it. :) It makes my hair so soft and super manageable. So first I shampoo with the Suave and then I move on to conditioner. I've been using this product off and on for years now. Lately, I've only been coating the ends of my hair. (Just to avoid the greasy look) I let it sit on my hair while I shave/exfoliate/etc then I rinse. It smells fantastic and the australian aloe and jojoba oil in the ingredients really work their magic. After I get out of the shower I wrap my hair in a Turbie Towel. I read in a magazine somewhere that rubbing your wet hair with a regular towel is horrible for it. After it has been up in the wrap for a while I take it off and I go through my hair with a Tangle Teezer. Don't even get me started on the Tangle Teezer, everybody knows how fantastic they are. After I've completed all the steps above - I use this really old hairdryer-roll-brush-thing and I'm done. :) 

So there you have it, my current hair care routine. Before I go - here are some snapshots of Miri from our beach trip this past weekend. 
I hope everybody has a great week! I will have another post up soon. 






2 comments:

  1. Hey! Have you used TRESemme before? I've been hearing a lot of good things about this product which makes me believe that it really does wonders to your hair. Why don't give it a try and let's see if it works for you too? HairLab.net

    ReplyDelete