Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Eyebrow Products Worth Taking A Look At

I'm cursed with something my sister and I refer to as "The Powell Eyebrows." This is a very depressing condition. Symptoms include - thin and widespread brows. See old photo below, (and marvel at the cuteness that is my sister's dog Prada.)
Awww right?!

Thankfully, I've learned to fill in my brows quite successfully. (See current photo below) Please keep in mind i'm in a transitional period with my brows right now. I'm actually applying Rogaine twice a day, so i'm not getting them waxed regularly. Yes, you can use it on your brows and yes it is working. 

Bam! Suddenly I have eyebrows. ;) I thought I would share some of the products that I reach for on a daily basis. I personally feel like I cannot walk out the door till I have my brows on. Defined brows are essential! Let's talk about the products...

I'm going to go in order from top to bottom.

Maybelline New York DEFINE-A-BROW in the shade dark brown.
I actually found this roll-up pencil at the Dollar Store believe it or not. You can also find it at Target for $5.99, and honestly I would pay that price when I run out. I have been reaching for this pencil alot lately, and I used it to create my look that I am talking about today. 

Sonia Kashuk Core Tools Spoolie Brush $1.99 at Target I picked this brush up last week. I use it to comb through my brows after I apply the pencil I mentioned above. Plus - I really like the word spoolie. Spoolie spoolie spoolie spoolie. :P

Wet N Wild Mega Eyes defining marker $3.99 at Walgreens. I purchased this marker to see if it could be used as a dupe for the marker I'm going to talk about next. It's several dollars less and it kinda does the job. It's essentially the same thing - the shade just isn't quite right. It comes out a little too red/purple toned for me. I do like it though...and it looks nice used in combination with some of these other products. 

MILANI BROW TINT PEN FELT-TIP BROW COLOR $6.29 at Walgreens. This has been my favorite brow product for about a year now. I love it, I'm on my second one. The end result is a little bit more natural than the pencil. It comes in two shades, this one is 02 Dark Brown. My sister bought the lighter shade after being impressed with my pen. (She is a blonde) I highly recommend it, I do find it much better than the Wet N Wild marker...but hey...you get what you pay for in most cases. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment