Friday, June 28, 2013

Review | NYX Dark Shadows Palette

$19.99 on Amazon - free shipping

Sorry that it has taken me ages to post this review. I have been one busy mama lately. (I need to start drawing again too) The palette that I'm going to be talking about today is "The Crimson Amulet Collection inspired by the movie Dark Shadows" palette by NYX. :) It has many names, but I'm just sticking with "The Dark Shadows" palette. Seriously, google it...you will see what I'm talkin' about. 

Sadly, you can no longer purchase this in stores. BUT - you can certainly find it online! If you think you need one - I would go ahead and hunt one down before they are gone.
Amazon - palette
Amazon - movie/DVD
eBay - hopefully this link will work

This collection includes 24 shadows, 1 mirror, 1 shadow base from their HD line, 1 black liquid eyeliner, 1 highlighter, 5 blushes, and 4 lip colors. It also comes with three example "looks"...Josette, Dr. Hoffman, and Angelique. I think that I can say that this is probably my current favorite palette that I own. The little book is adorable and has a magnetic clasp so everything stays in place. (Cruelty free) Dark Shadows is an excellent movie too...
A little info about this palette?
  • It has a nice range of matte and shimmer shadows that I can simply not get enough of. (I love some bold eyes y'all)
  • You have to be careful with the illuminator/highlighter, you can easily go overboard. If applied sparingly it creates a natural healthy glow. 
  • I tend to ignore the lip colors that are included in palettes, (poor quality) but these were a pleasant surprise. I'm wearing the red shade in the photos above. (Silas dug his nail into the nude gloss after I snapped the photos.) -_- Oh well, at least he didn't go for the red!
  • The blushes are incredible, especially the dark rose shade. (It reminds me of Snow White for some reason - very pigmented) I just wish they made them more accessible, I dislike them being so darn close together.
  • The black liquid eyeliner has great staying power, and it glides on easily. I plan on hunting down a full size of this liner as soon as I run out of my normal stuff. I'm equally impressed with the primer, I will be picking up a full-size of that as well. 
  • My only big complaint is that nothing is labeled. It's really hard to talk about a specific shadow or blush that has no name. It would be a lot more convenient if everything was listed in order on the back. (C'est la vie) 
Have you tried this palette out? What do you think? Do you want to marry Johnny Depp too? LOL Sadly...he wasn't pictured in the palette. (Sad times) NYX should have stuck him in there somewhere.
There...that's more like it. ;)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment