Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review | Flower Color Play Creme Eyeshadow

Oh my lanta. I have been dying to get my hands on one of the products from Drew Barrymore's (I LOVE HER) new cosmetic line for about a year now. When I first heard about it - I was under the impression that it would be available at every Walmart. My assumptions were incorrect my friends! The closest Walmart that carries Flower Beauty is in Montgomery. (The Chantilly location to be exact) I've been in the store several times this year. I'm still not sure why it didn't occur to me sooner to look for it. Whatever, darn Mama-brain. 

All of the products were arranged very strangely on an end cap and the display was half covered by this wire rack? It was ridiculous. Matt basically picked up the entire display and moved it so I could have a good look at everything. There were several other ones that were set up the same way. (Shame on you Wally World) I ended up picking up this "Flower Color Play Creme Eyeshadow." Initially - I thought it was going to be too similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows. Thankfully - I was wrong again! :) Not that I don't love my "bad to the bronze" shadow...I have been wearing it pretty much everyday. 


This creme is incredibly smooth, and yet totally build-able. I have worn it to work 3 days in a row this week. It gets crazy hot at the printshop, and this stuff stays right where I put it. The only tiny bit of creasing that I have noticed shows up towards the very end of the night. It is convenient that I can apply it with a fluffy shadow brush. You have to use your finger with the Maybelline shadow. (Ugh, messy hand towels) In my opinion, "Flirty Floret" is much more pigmented than "bad to the bronze." This shade is very versatile and reminds me of hot cocoa. It creates a loverly smokey look.  The packaging is gorgeous too. My only complaint is that the sticker left gross residue on the cap...and kinda spoiled it for me. (Sigh) I would have provided some example shots of me sporting the product...but I am terribly terribly sick right now. I caught Silas and Miri's cold. -_- (Boo hiss boo) I do believe after I get this post up and running I am going to head towards the bed. I need some good sleep desperately! 

Happy almost Friday to you!
Like Flower Beauty on Facebook
Follow Flower Beauty on Twitter
Like Silas and Miri on Facebook
Follow Silas and Miri on Twitter
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment