Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review | L'Oreal Colour Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer

Man, what a long name for a lip product! I first heard about this "lip lacquer" from the adorable essiebutton on YouTube/Blogger. If I recall correctly, her review was short and I have not heard much about it since then. (She seemed impressed) I am aware that so far all of my posts have been positive...well here is a negative one for the books.


After Estée mentioned it I began frantically searching for it. I couldn't find it anywhere! I searched all my usual beauty stops and came up empty handed. I ended up resorting to Target.com, free shipping if you use your Redcard. ;) It was $7.99, which I was willing to pay, obviously. (This must have been right after it was released.) The first thing I noticed was the smell. Not a fan! It's not foul or anything, I just don't care for it. It is pretty strong and stays with you for most of the day. Secondly, it feels slime-ish. (Is that a word lol?) I guess that is where the "aqua" in the name comes into play. I went for fuchsia shade, which is appropriately named "Infinite Fuchsia." (#187) I purchased this shade because I'm a red lipstick whore. (There...I said it.)

Lips, lips, lips!

The first time I wore it out was on a lunch date with my friend Joy. Having played around with the lacquer before I worried my entire meal that I had blotchy zombie lips. After a little while on the lips is starts to disappear from the outside in and it keeps it's weird slime gloss in the center. Not attractive, ladies. I fought the urge to pull out my compact the entire meal and finally caved at the end. I think I rather deal with the flaking that normal stains have after long wear. The color payoff is also disappointing, though it looks lovely in the packaging. Lastly, the applicator is great for the lower lip but proves bulky and hard to deal with on the upper lip. Why did you fail me L'Oreal? (Shakes fist) I'm sure you will have plenty of chances to make it up to me in the near future.

Curse you L'Oreal!


No comments:

Post a Comment