Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Secret Sisters @ Standard Deluxe

Last night - India, Matt, and I had the pleasure of going to go see "The Secret Sisters" at Standard Deluxe in Waverly - AL. It was fantastic. 
-----> Their website here <-----
Photo credit decca.com
This traditional country music group consists of two lovely sisters...Laura and Lydia Rogers. (I adore the name Lydia btw) They are actually a somewhat local band - coming from Muscle Shoals, AL. Laura's voice reminds me of Mama Cass Eliott's voice a bit. (I'm a big The Mamas & The Papas fan) India and I were really stoked about the show all week. Her favorite song is "Tomorrow Will Be Kinder" - I was unaware until last night that it was inspired by our 2011 tornado outbreak in Alabama. The crowd got very quiet when they sang it - it was beautiful. 
-----> View short video I took <-----
I took a longer one - but you can hear India yelling about a spider she saw on the cooler during it. LOL


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment