Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Review | ColourPop Lippie Stix - Matte X

This blog post is part of my self-care this evening. (I'm also painting my nails) It's been a ridiculous week...doctors appointments, husband is working out of town, sick kids, sick dog, interrupted 10:45 pm bubble baths...etc. #momlife
I heard about ColourPop's new "Matte X Lippie Stix" collection from YouTuber kathleenlights a few days before they launched. I was drooling over the swatches - give me all the matte things! I was really excited when I got the e-mail letting me know that they were finally available. 
I purchased two shades - "Cami" & "Bootie." (I plan on heading back for more) Cami is a lovely neutral mauve/pink shade, while Bootie is another orange/red. Because I need more red lipstick right? 
Firstly, this new formula is to die for. It's one of the more flexible matte lip colors I have purchased as of late. It feels very lightweight on the lips and applies velvety smooth. The texture is almost like a powder before it dries down? Very comfy! With all that said - I do find it to dry out my lips the longer it stays on. (This is just my personal experience) My lips tend to stay pretty dry because of all the matte products I keep on them. It makes sense. 
It's no surprise that the pigmentation is on point, the folks at ColourPop never seem to let you down. Two swipes (photo above) and it nearly covered my hand tattoo! Cami stayed on like a champ through my coffee, lemonade, and dinner. 
It would be dangerous for my bank account if this brand were available at the drug store lol. Have you tried any of the new "Matte X" lippies? 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment