Monday, May 2, 2016

Review | Makeup Revolution London - Salvation Velvet Lacquer

After being so impressed with their highlighter - I just had to run back over to ULTA to snatch up another product from Makeup Revolution London's collection. We had a "going away party" to attend on Friday night. I decided to put MRL's Salvation Velvet Lacquer in the shade "Attract" to the ultimate test. I'm not kidding about the ultimate part. 😂
We started out the night at The Tipping Point in Montg, AL. Within 20 minutes my lady friends were already complementing me on my lip color. I'm all about a matte classic red lippie - and this one did pretty damn well all things considered. It's long wear awesome-ness on a budget.
Just like the highlighter, I believe this product was also $5. I would recommend going with one coat instead of the two that I applied. The texture got a bit crumbly feeling to me - even though it still appeared to be looking perfect to everybody else.
The plan for Friday evening was three stops total. I only made it to two lol. 😂 I'm still really bummed about missing the drag show y'all! It was karaoke that did me in, but my lipstick was still in place after the last photo of the evening. (We attempted to do one of those "glasses of wine" photo projects) It ended up going kind of awry at some point. There were many people at the gathering but only three of us were consistent with the photos.
I would definitely purchase this lip lacquer in other shades. I would also say that it is perfect for a epic night out on the town. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment