Monday, August 5, 2013

Review | e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator

I suffer from really dry lips that have an obnoxious tendency to peel all of the time. It's most likely due to all of the extended stay lipsticks I wear. (I especially love red) 
So - I was pretty excited about this e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator when I spotted it at my local Target. I've already tried Lush's Bubble Gum lip scrub with mixed success. (Meh - I consider it more messy than helpful) It tastes really yummy though! This lip exfoliator by e.l.f also taste very nice - I would call it a pleasant maple syrup flavor. :) Nom nom nom...
I find e.l.f's packaging to be very hit or miss, in this case I think it's very nice. (The studio line is prettier in my opinion) I was really drawn to this scrub because it seemed so convenient. (You have to apply the Lush scrub by finger) I imagined myself driving down the road and exfoliating/moisturizing at the same time. (Super easy/no worries)
My first two applications went great - it buffed away the dead skin and left a layer of smooth jojoba oil and Shea butter in it's path. (Be gentle - this scrub can be quite rough) Sadly - It has left me a bit disappointed every time I have used it since then. Maybe it's just because I picked up a faulty tube? It seems like the exfoliating granules are the only thing I'm getting when I apply it. (Which can be kinda painful) I have been having to use the sides to glide over my lips when I'm done using the top. So strange! I really had high hopes for this lip treatment! Maybe if I hang with it long enough I will get back down to some balm? I sure hope so! I do believe it is worth a try, maybe you will have more success than I did. If not...it was only a $3 loss. :)

Like e.l.f. on Facebook
Follow e.l.f. on Twitter
Like Silas&Miri on Facebook

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment